Version Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life
workshop: Intro to Game Boy hacking
Getting started with z80 assembly
In this workshop will present you with tools and resources to get started with Game Boy assembly programming.
At 33c3, Michael Steil gave "The Ultimate Game Boy Talk", which explains in detail all the hardware in the Game Boy. I would like to take a more hands-on approach, and show you how to write your own games.
We will start by grepping through the code for Pokemon Red, to get a feel for how things work. Once comfortable, we'll make small changes to the code. And finally write a program from scratch.
To get the most out of this workshop, it is recommended to watch the above talk, and to already install the BGB emulator and RGBDS compiler.
- Hardware Hacking Area
- Surface Mount Electronics Assembly for Terrified Beginners
- Attacking OpenSSL using Side-channel Attacks
- Colors at SHA2017: flag colors on the screen, in print and in paint
- Get more work area from a CNC machine
- Cryptowars 2.0: Lessons from the past, for the present
- Cryptowars 2.0: Simulcast